Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Saw Michael Franti and Spearhead on Enough Rope, as well as Ian 'Molly' Meldrum. I must be the only person my age not to have grown up watching Countdown.


Erin and I drove to the Margaret River Chocolate Company today to buy a small thank you prezzie. We drove down to Gracetown and then the rivermouth and where trucks were still hauling away equipment after the Salomon Margaret River Masters. We saw deers and later a newborn calf and its mother in a paddock. Erin turned around so I could take a look.


Spent last night looking up my great grandmother's family in the 1901 Census for England and Wales. My great great grandmother (from a different line) was Welsh and she and her husband married in Swansea, Glamorganshire. My sister and family now live in Swansea, Tasmania. More about Swansea, Wales can be found at Swansea History Web. Cardiff Council (see Cardiff >>> A Brief History) has this to say about the origins of the name 'Swansea':


"King Swein Forkbeard of Denmark left a permanent "I was here" at the city of Swein’s Eye – that’s Swansea to you and me."


Swansea is the birthplace of poet Dylan Thomas. There is an Australian Dylan Thomas Society - these details provided by Bohemian Ink.


You can listen to Dylan Thomas read 'Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night' at Reflections - Leon Malinofsky.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.