Thursday, July 03, 2003

On my last visit to Sydney, several years ago, I was amused (and just a little startled) to hear the driver of my train sing along to a Skyhooks song on the radio as we headed out to Newtown. But at least he wasn't reading the paper - or at least, as far as I know. 'Blind to danger' (Daily Telegraph, June 30, 2003) tells of drivers of Sydney trains who appear not to be paying attention even when the trains are moving. Thanks to my vision loss, I often have to rely on people such as these to take me safely where I want to go and I don't find it comforting to know that some drivers choose not to look where they're going despite their responsibilities. Having heard about two serious accidents involving passengers on trains last year, this information makes me hope that driver attitudes will change very soon.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.