Friday, August 22, 2003

Androgynous Message in a Bottle 

Visiting Blogdex today I discovered the Gender Genie. By entering a sample text, you can have the Gender Genie deduce your gender based on the way you write (using more pronouns, for example, rather than with a keyboard). Using my last four blog entries, it seems I write like a man when talking about daffodils and themed weeks but more like the woman I am when blogging about photos of cities and anonymous book sharing. The genie claims to be 80% accurate, however according to a user poll, the genie might as well be tossing a coin. My last sample text entered (the post on letterboxing - it brought out the feminine) was correctly assessed and, according to the genie, 51.18% of results have also been correct. Glad to know I'm not the only one to have wrongly guessed a blogger's gender.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.