Tuesday, September 09, 2003

To Why Laughing 

'Senior Laugh Lines Do Smooth Out' (September 5, HealthDayNews article at the Austin American-Statesman). For a moment I thought maybe the laughter lines I've developed might disappear but it's not true. I did discover that while my sense of humour might change, and I might get even fewer jokes than I do now, if I find something funny when I'm old, it'll still make me laugh. Actually, I don't know any old people who don't laugh, so I didn't fear a lack of laughter in my later life. The research was carried out by Praphiba Shammi from the University of Toronto's Baycrest Center for Geriatric Care and colleague Donald Stuss. A psychologist from the University of Maryland, Robert Provine, was quoted in the article as saying, "If you want to laugh more, spend time with friends. Don't worry about humor." I think I can manage that.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.