Friday, November 21, 2003

New Editions 

Recently added a link on request to All Write Magazine, an Australian magazine for writers aged 25 and younger and which accepts submissions of poetry, stories and reviews. While checking out others in my GeoURL neighbourhood, I discovered the
Science Fiction Writers Resource Guide and have since added a link to the guide also.

ResearchBuzz arrived this morning and in it a review of OneLook's Reverse Dictionary. Still in Beta, the reverse dictionary can find a word to match your definition, help group similar words or concepts, generate crossword answers and answer basic questions. Tara Calishain from ResearchBuzz noted that some results contain words that are not 'work-friendly.' Not all results are quite what you might expect, for example when I entered 'thing you push on a bicycle', 'pedal' was not in the top 200 responses but 'funkadelic compilations' came in at number 35. Generates lots of cool and unusual words, so it's a fun resource if you like cool and unusual words. I discovered that there is such a thing as a chomskybot (Wikipedia) today and because of a related Wikipedia entry, found myself searching for A.L.I.C.E. the chatterbot. A.L.I.C.E. Artificial Intelligence Foundation is where I caught up with chatterbot A.L.I.C.E and had a bit of a talk. I've now added a link to the OneLook Reverse Dictionary to my writing links page.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.