Saturday, March 06, 2004

Bush Maths 

I made the mistake of celebrating one year of blogging, which either upped the pressure to remember to blog (and I don't respond well to any kind of pressure, unconsciously self-imposed or other) or caused me to feel that I'd blogged quite enough for just now. So now I have to quickly report that Rosie's foot is sore after a semi-permanent resident accidentally ran over it in her car (Rosie is a bit deaf and a bit blind and likes to sleep anywhere within the park) and that Andrew (home from Darwin) and I drove to Nannup with Ripper. We saw emus by the side of the road and Ripper looked at them keenly. I walked along a fire brigade access trail and worried (panicked) about the possibility of meeting snakes and listened to the breeze in the treetops while Ripper sniffed about in the bush and Andrew worked on his backhoe. When I returned we debated how many ways one can connect three wires to three other wires (say, if you've had to hotwire your backhoe and you'd like to be able to use the keys again). I feel like this is something I should remember from maths and drew a diagram in my journal while Andrew 'showed' me what he meant with six fingers waggling about. Ripper's breath smells like fish and the river (dog breath would actually be more desirable) and he's decided it's more comfortable to lay his head on the armrest built into the Kingswood's door than on the seat.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.