Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Junctures 

According to a piece on Queen Boadicea at Britain Unlimited, the celtic warrior's grave is Reputedly on the site under platform 12, Kings Cross Railway Station, London, England.

How did I come to be seeking out Boadicea? To answer one of Nanna's crossword clues. If you ever need to know, the answer is Iceni, they lived in East Anglia and they fought the Romans at present day Colchester (Camulodunum), London (Londinium) and St Albans (Verulamium) sometime after AD60. I think I'd be so much more inclined to visit London if it was called Londinium - I'd feel like I was tripping into a a very sophisticated and shiny future. Not that I'm not inclined to go now.

For more information, I read the Wikipedia entry on Queen Boadicea and discovered that Wikipedia is currently featuring an article on the London Underground.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.