Saturday, August 07, 2004

All Over The Place 

Under The Freeway at Flaneur, tells of people using the land beneath a New Orleans highway as recreational space. A local man glues current obituary columns on a freeway support and people stop to chat and have lunch. Somehow the space has retained it's purpose after the freeway was built in the 1960s.

After seriously considering buying the SBS World Guide, I've discovered that it's freely available on line. No more typing the name of a country into Google and having an entry in the CIA World Factbook appear as the first search result. Well, that will still happen, but not to me. I'll go straight to SBS. I've now read all about the smallest countries in Europe - Luxembourg, San Marino, Andorra, Monaco and Liechtenstein, as well as those countries with names unfamiliar to me - Lesotho and Mayotte (in Africa) and Suriname (in South America). Today I read a little about Turkey. I'm all over the place here at Doonbanks on a Saturday.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.