Thursday, November 11, 2004

Novel Thyme 

Eeek, a few days ago I read about NaNoWriMo and thought I'd join in. National Novel Writing Month (which encourages participants from all over the world) challenges writers to start and finish a 50 000 word novel during the month of November. I was already a week late when I signed up and when nothing arrived in my in box to confirm participation, I thought I was off the hook. Today I discovered an e-mail from NaNoWriMo chatting about how I should be feeling now that I'm in Week Two of the challenge. Uh huh. Oh. Where I'm at is that I've finished reading The Lamplighter by Anthony O'Neill for book group. I've also read a few articles from The Australian Writer's Marketplace and even made what I hope is an inviting clip art-sprinkled poster about writer's group. My sweet basil, afro parsley and garlic chives are all planted and my thyme has flowered. I have plans for the weekend. And, it seems, a 50 000 word novel to write. I think it's fair to say that I won't be a novelist by 30 November but I'll have had a bit of fun reading the forums at NaNoWriMo all the same.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.