Saturday, February 19, 2005

Uncle Ginger Fletcher Has His Say 

I'm not usually one to follow memes but I thought this book meme, which I read about in 'Fifth what? at me, my life + infrastructure was easy and fun. The rules are -


  1. Grab the nearest book.
  2. Open the book to page 123.
  3. Find the fifth sentence.
  4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
  5. Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.


There aren't any books in the study (urgh, how embarrassing) unless you expect me to remove my flat screen monitor from the four-inch thick dictionary that supports it. Yes, this arrangement is very frustrating when I'm not connected to the Internet and can't find another dictionary. Instead, I decided to go for the book closest to my bed (where I do keep books).

And the book at the top of the pile closest to my bed was -
The Secret Railway by Elisabeth Beresford.
And the fifth sentence on page 123 is -
You'd fine flower-beds then.

Does this speak to you? Tell you anything about me(me)?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.