Friday, March 11, 2005

Blogging... Is Not A Dirty Word 

Consuela Headrick, opinion editor at San Diego State University's The Daily Aztec (Doing it daily since 1960, apparently) shows she can write a sensational opinion piece when she complains that weblogs are not much more than sensational opinion pieces ('Blogs infringe on true journalism,' 9 March 2005).

The problem with blogs, according to Ms Headrick, is that they are not written by trained journalists. Instead, they are written by "mere individual[s] with the need to unmask truth" and "regular, everyday Americans." Oh my gosh - I knew I shouldn't trust Americans.

But it gets better. Apparently I'm just one of many in a "sick, sad world of blogging." Excuse me while I slap myself for sharing ideas and information. Lucky I bothered to get that Grad. Dip. J. or my credibility would really suck. If you need me, I'll be hiding behind my computer screen (and my real name) until next week's Perth Blogger Meet Up in Freo.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.