Saturday, March 19, 2005

Group Guilt 

My family brought me the comics section of The West today. I don't usually read the comics. I like Zits and Beyond the Black Stump but the Phantom's long lost in his jungle of artwork.

A comic called Close To Home was labelled 'Book Club Guilt' and featured seven ladies sitting in a lounge room and mostly looking miserable. One of the ladies was thinking 'I've only read four pages!' and, for some reason, there was an arrow pointing to her head with 'Dee' written above it. Hmm. If my family would stop bringing me comics and keep their hands off my book group novels, maybe I'd have a chance to read them.

Not that I'll be experiencing book group guilt in April. I've already finished Anne Tyler's Back When We Were Grownups (oh, for a man called Zebulon). I'm now onto Belle de Jour: The Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl. Which will up my collection of blogger books from one to two. But now it's a collection and my purchase is justified.

And so on to writers group guilt. We meet for coffee at a local cafe on Tuesday. Let's see if I can come up with something other than 'oh, a bit of blogging' to discuss.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.