Sunday, July 17, 2005

Making Web Design Accessible 

What's the easiest way for someone using a screen reader to build a Web page? I've entered search terms like 'accessible HTML editors' or 'blind Web designers' into a search engine but all of the results are about how to design accessible Web pages rather than which Web design software is accessible. Which HTML editors are most accessible? Which blogging or free Web site services are accessible?

I recently suggested an enquirer contact the Sonokids Foundation about their webtool Max, which gives children and adults who are blind or vision impaired a way to build accessible Web pages.

Somehow I've found myself explaining to this same enquirer, via e-mail, how to write a Web page in HTML. I'd have much preferred to recommend an accessible HTML editor. NoteTab has a blind user mode but this particular blind user is having difficulties with it. Suggestions welcome!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.