Sunday, July 24, 2005

Plant Walk 

Took Gill walking along the old railway reserve and through the bush to Flat Rock today. I'd hoped that she might be able to identify some of the plants I see. Usually all I spot on my walks are grass trees, banksia, native buttercups and my flowering white prickly plants (a grevillea). On my last walk I spotted a single fluffy white wattle blossom and today I spotted many more.

Every five steps or so Gill stopped to point out a plant - stylidiums (trigger plants), chorizemas, hoveas and others we still need to identify. All flowering and I just hadn't noticed. Often I need to feel a plant to work out exactly where the fruit or seed pods are, or to understand how the leaves are shaped and arranged. Great to have somone come along and point out plants I'd otherwise miss.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.