Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Self Control + S 

When you're desperately trying to write 50 000 words of fiction, you tend to hit CTRL S a lot. You think, oh, that's good - CTRL S and what are they gunna do now???? - CTRL S.

Then you open your blog to post for the first time in over a week. You write a single sentence about your NaNoWriMo word count, pause to think and - you guessed it - hit CTRL S.

Guess what hitting CTRL S does when you're writing a post in Blogger? That's right, it publishes your post. And then you think [Expletive], it's late, that'll do.

And then, if you're like me, a friend comes along and comments on your enigmatic post. Yay! At least you have something to laugh out loud about. :-) And then - another friendly blogger posts a comment! And suddenly, the post you prematurely posted attracts three comments from two different people and voila! it's the most successful post comment-wise that you've ever published.

Incidentally, Col's linking to some cool online resources lately at Monday Sunset and I've added his blog to my blogroll. Benjamin Solah's Blog is full of NaNo news, which is good for me too. I need all the inspiration I can get and it helps to know that I'm part of something bigger than just me trying to type and hold my head together at the same time.

[ Quick re-read - CTRL S ]

Comments:
Yer, my latest NaNo news is uh...interesting :p
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.