Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Aussie Writers See Something and Say So 

When I first read the 'If you see something, say something' billboards at the train station, I couldn't work them out. Accusing, encouraging - they seemed to speak to me personally. Yes! I thought, I will say something! Because the thought of seeing something more than I usually do is really exciting. I'd be shouting it from somewhere high up, no worries.

Took me a while to work out that I hadn't developed a mental illness and that in fact I'd been asked to keep an eye out for terrorists. Then I wondered, if I thought I saw something but couldn't be sure, or if I heard or touched or smelt something, should I say something? I keep a close eye on my own backpack, that's for sure. But even for me, there's so much to see that doesn't require telling. I was bursting with stuff I could see, stuff I could say something about. Little stories.

Someone else's thought the same and done something. See Something is an Australian site that shares stories and photos on the theme of 'Say Something.' Contributions are welcome.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.