Sunday, May 06, 2007

Mutant Michelangelo 

Liked Adam Hills' comment on the Logies that if we referred to people with disabilities as mutants, there'd be fewer peope using disabled / mutant parking. Incidentally, My neighbour tonight told me that my parents had told her all about my 'defect' (and how I was in denial!) before I moved in. But nobody would know, she said, the way I stride around. Yep, amazing that my legs still work now that my retinas don't. Lol, I'm surprised how thick my skin is when it comes to this stuff. I'm way too agreeable / accepting - or am I simply denying that my neighbour thinks of me as defective?

So, anyway, the mutant in the title refers to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They're back and I went into town today to see if I could pick up a TMNT (as I overheard a salewoman in Myer call them) toy for Caelan's birthday. Gill says he's into them now that he's seen the movie but she doesn't want to show too much encouragement. Thank God for godmothers, ay? I'm pretty good value considering my defect caused me to crush a car underfoot last Tuesday.

Anyway, so I didn't find what I wanted and bought myself some pastel pencils from Target and a sketch pad instead. I opened them at the train station I was that enthused. I'm not sure what I'm gunna colour yet but I'm going to have some fun.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger.